Google is not a conventional company, and we don’t intend to become one. True, we share attributes with the world’s most successful organizations – a focus on innovation and smart business practices comes to mind – but even as we continue to grow, we’re committed to retaining a small-company feel. At Google, we know that every employee has something important to say, and that every employee is integral to our success. We provide individually-tailored compensation packages that can be comprised of competitive salary, bonus, and equity components, along with the opportunity to earn further financial bonuses and rewards.
We are recruiting to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: Product Marketing Manager, Grow with Google
- As a Marketing manager, you are a fully dedicated business leader, shaping the future of one of our many Google products. Whether you’re on a consumer product (like Gmail, Search, Maps, Chrome, Android) or a business product (AdWords, AdSense, DoubleClick, Analytics), you take part in a complete marketing experience as you lead every facet of the product’s journey.
- From determining positioning, naming, competitive analysis, feature prioritization and external communications, you help shape the voice of the product and help it grow a loyal consumer base. This means you work with a cross-functional team across sales, corporate communications, legal, webmasters, product development, engineering and more. In this role, you’ll be involved with product marketing strategy from beginning to end.
- As part of the team, your mission is to help clients to grow their skills, career and/or business.
- As a Marketing Lead, you will have a deep understanding of the African ecosystem and understand the challenges with digitization. As a driver for economic impact, you have an entrepreneurial mindset and are passionate about providing business and talents with digital skills.
- You will work in a fast-paced environment that requires you to be open and adaptable to new information and/or set-ups. The scope of your role means you work with many different cross-functional teams, from lawyers to creative agencies. In this role, you will develop local partnerships and co-marketing opportunities.
- You will also help shape the go-to-market plan for several strategies.
- Know the user. Know the magic. Connect the two. At its core, marketing at Google starts with technology and ends with the user, bringing both together in unconventional ways.
- Our job is to demonstrate how Google’s products solve the world’s problems–from the everyday to the epic, from the mundane to the monumental. And we approach marketing in a way that only Google can–changing the game, redefining the medium, making the user the priority, and ultimately, letting the technology speak for itself.
- Develop strategies, innovation and thought leadership to advance digital transformation for the region.
- Identify and manage key partners and drive alignment with the team responsible for brand and new audiences.
- Measure effectiveness and channels consistently to improve ROI of marketing programs.
- Lead a team of contract employees, vendors as well as external agencies.
- BA/BSc degree or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience building marketing programs and business operations.
- Ability to speak and write in English fluently and idiomatically.
- MBA degree.
- Integrated marketing experience and proven experience in conceptualizing events.
- Knowledgeable about educational content and Google business and consumer products.
- Proven ability to work in a fast-paced, challenging environment.
- Ability to develop new strategic approaches to marketing challenges.
- Excellent written and verbal presentation skills; comfortable presenting to a senior audience and building relationships internally and externally.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online